FMCSA Names Historic 2021 Motor Carrier Advisory Members
Washington D.C. – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) today named its 2021 members for the Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee (MCSAC).
FMCSA’s MCSAC committee provides advice and recommendations to the FMCSA Administrator on motor carrier safety programs and motor carrier safety regulations.
The membership of the committee draws from candidates across all motor carrier stakeholders.
“The MCSAC members provide invaluable insight into all parts of the motor carrier industry and are critical in shaping FMCSA’s priorities and initiatives,” said FMCSA Deputy Administrator Wiley Deck. “The 2021 membership features a strong and diverse set of members from industry, safety, labor, and enforcement.”
This year’s membership list includes a record number of women, according to the Agency.
“We are particularly proud of the Committee’s record number of female members for 2021,” Deck stated.
The 2021 MCSAC Members include:
• Lamont Byrd, International Brotherhood of Teamsters (Labor), Chairman
• Jennifer Hall, American Trucking Associations (Industry), Vice Chairman
• Michael Bray, Chief Commercial Officer, GM Commercial Transportation (Industry)
• Adrienne Gildea, Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (Enforcement)
• Bruce Hamilton, Amalgamated Transit Union, International Vice President (Labor)
• David Heller, Vice President of Government Affairs, Truckload Carriers Association (Industry)
• David Huneryager, President and CEO, Tennessee Trucking Association (Industry)
• Peter Kurdock, General Counsel, Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety (Safety)
• Jerrold (Jerry) Langer, Director of Sales and Marketing and Chief Commercial Officer, Langer Transport Corporation (Industry)
• John Lannen, Principal, Institute for Safer Trucking
• Dawn King, President, Truck Safety Coalition (Safety)
• Siddarth Mahant, Owner, Mahant Transportation, LLC (Industry)
• Jane Mathis, Parents Against Tired Truckers (Safety)
• Jaime Maus, Vice President of Safety and Compliance, Werner Enterprises (Industry)
• Stephen C. Owings, Road Safe America (Safety)
• Peter Pantuso, American Bus Association, Washington, DC (Industry)
• Travis Plotzer, Captain, Tennessee Highway Patrol (Enforcement)
• Danny Schnautz, Clark Freight Lines, Inc., Pasadena, TX (Industry)
• Holly Skaar, Idaho State Police/Commercial Vehicle Safety (Enforcement)
• Todd Spencer, Owner-Operator Independent Driver’s Association (OOIDA) (Industry)
• Tami Friedrich Trakh, Citizens for Reliable and Safe Highways (Safety)
• Christopher Treml, Director, Construction Training, International Union of Operating Engineers (Labor)
• Ellen Voie, President/CEO/Founder, Women In Trucking (Industry)
• Greer Woodruff, J.B. Hunt Transport (Industry)
• Andrew Young, Managing Partner, The Law Firm for Truck Safety (Safety)
The Agency has also now named 25 drivers to serve on its first ever Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) driver panel which will serve as a subcommittee to MCSAC.
Click HERE to see who the Agency selected to serve on the CMV driver panel.