New Fundraising Campaign For Freedom Convoy Protest Already Raking in Millions of Dollars

Ottawa, ON — A new fundraising campaign in support of Freedom Convoy is already raking in millions of dollars.

After GoFundMe abruptly killed Freedom Convoy’s campaign — which had raised more than C$10 million — late last week, organizers launched a new effort on the Christian-based crowdfunding site GiveSendGo.com.




 

In only 48 hours the campaign brought in more than $4 million USD and is well on its way to the goal of $16 million USD.

Again, organizers said the contributions will first go to truckers to help with the costs of fuel, food and lodging.

“In order for your generous donations to flow smoothly, the good people at Give Send Go will be sending donations directly to our bulk fuel supplier and are working out the details now which means your hard earned money is going to straight to who it was meant for and need not flow through anyone else,” the campaign states. “Any left over donations will be donated to a credible Veterans organization which will be chosen by the donors.”




 

So far, a handful of donors have even given $20,000 or more with another handful giving at least $10,000.

In an emergency meeting with the Ottawa Police Services (OPS) Board on Saturday, OPS Chief Peter Sloly lamented the success of the new GiveSendGo campaign after proudly touting that he, along with Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson, pressured GoFundMe to shut down the initial effort.

“We’ve been able to shut down the GoFundMe program but that’s a temporary reprieve because the funds are already moving in different directions,” Sloly said.

 

At a press conference on Sunday, Freedom Convoy spokesperson and trucker Benjamin Dichter said the government’s actions were troubling.

“There was direct interference from the government to cancel this [GoFundMe] campaign and we should all be worried about that in my humble opinion,” he stated. “We’re here just trying to be positive and just waiting for the government.” 




 

Meanwhile, the OPS stepped up enforcement efforts on Sunday evening seizing fuel and multiple vehicles along with making numerous arrests of those transporting supplies to truckers.

OPS Chief Sloly informed board members on Saturday that a crackdown would be coming soon.

“We are now going after supply and fuel coming into the area,” he said.

Click HERE for more on Freedom Convoy 2022

 

If you enjoyed this article, please help us grow by sharing it. Thank you!

SHARE YOUR COMMENTS



Pin It on Pinterest

Share This