TCA Reveals Finalists Of “Best Fleets To Drive For” Awards
Alexandria, Virginia and Markham, Ontario – The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) in partnership with CarriersEdge have released this year’s finalists for the 11th annual “Best Fleets To Drive For” competition.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from at least one of their company drivers or owner operators.
The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria.
Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.
According to John Lyboldt, TCA’s president, the Best Fleets program and its annual list of the Top 20 has grown to become one of the most anticipated announcements in the industry. “The winners have set the bar high when it comes to keeping their professional truck drivers engaged while also providing a superior work environment. This coveted contest reveals the tremendous efforts put forth by these driver-centric companies.”
“We do a very thorough analysis and take a deep dive into each fleet’s programs,” said CarriersEdge Chief Executive Officer Jane Jazrawy. “An important component in the scoring process is analyzing driver feedback on the company and then comparing it with management’s comments. The two need to align in order for fleets to score well. This year’s Top 20 had an average driver satisfaction rate over 91%, and annual driver turnover under 35%, so what they’re doing is obviously working.”
The 2019 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For are:
- American Central Transport, Inc. – Kansas City, Missouri
- Bennett Motor Express – McDonough, Georgia
- Bison Transport – Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation – Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. – Redmond, Oregon
- Crete Carrier Corp – Lincoln, Nebraska
- Epes Transport System, LLC – Greensboro, North Carolina
- Erb Transport – New Hamburg, Ontario
- FTC Transportation, Inc. – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Garner Trucking, Inc. – Findlay, Ohio
- Grand Island Express – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. – Superior, Wisconsin
- Landstar System, Inc. – Jacksonville, Florida
- Maverick Transportation, LLC – North Little Rock, Arkansas
- Motor Carrier Service LLC – Northwood, Ohio
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. – Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. – Springfield, Missouri
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. – Defiance, Ohio
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. – Knoxville, Tennessee
- Transpro Freight Systems Limited – Milton, Ontario
In addition to the Top 20, TCA and CarriersEdge identified five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions).
The Top 5 Fleets to Watch:
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. – Etobicoke, Ontario
- Leavitt’s Freight Service – Springfield, Oregon
- Liberty Linehaul Inc. – Ayr, Ontario
- Roehl Transport, Inc. – Marshfield, Wisconsin
- TransLand – Strafford, Missouri
An overall winner — in the large and small fleet categories — will be named during TCA’s Annual Convention, being held March 10-13 at the Wynn Las Vegas Resort. EpicVue and DMC Insurance sponsor the overall winner awards.