Trump Decries ‘Extremely Dangerous’ Censorship of Truckers Planning American Convoy

Washington, D.C. — Former President Donald Trump is decrying censorship of the truckers organizing a nationwide convoy in the United States.

Earlier this week, Facebook disabled a page dedicated to organizing “Convoy to D.C.” — which had garnered nearly 140,000 followers — as well as permanently suspending the accounts of multiple administrators.




 

The convoy, which is slated to begin on March 1, 2022, in California, is being planned in solidarity with Canada’s Freedom Convoy protesting COVID-19-related mandates and restrictions.

Facebook’s action to suppress support for the protest came only days before GoFundMe informed Canadian Freedom Convoy organizers on Friday that it will NOT release approximately C$9 million of the C$10 million raised.

 

In a statement on Friday, Mr. Trump accused “Big Tech” of attempting to “destroy” the movement.

“The Freedom Convoy is peacefully protesting the harsh policies of far-left lunatic Justin Trudeau who has destroyed Canada with insane COVID mandates,” Trump said. “Now, thankfully, the Freedom Convoy could be coming to D.C. with American truckers who want to protest Biden’s ridiculous COVID policies. Facebook is canceling the accounts of Freedom Convoy USA, and GoFundMe is denying access to funds that belong to the Freedom Convoy. This is unacceptable and extremely dangerous in any country that values free expression.”




 

The billionaire businessman and former president also expressed his support for truckers protesting the mandates at a rally in Texas last weekend.

“The Canadian truckers, you’ve been reading about it, who are resisting bravely these lawless mandates and doing more to defend American freedom than our own leaders by far,” Mr. Trump said to exuberant cheers. “We want those great Canadian truckers to know that we are with them all the way. They’ve really shown something.”

Meanwhile, there is growing pressure on Convoy to D.C. organizers to begin the protest sooner than announced fearing momentum might be lost over the next few weeks.

TransportationNation.com will continue to track it closely.

 


RECENTLY RELATED
GoFundMe Will NOT Release $9 MILLION to Freedom Convoy Claiming Protest is an ‘Occupation’
Freedom Convoy Organizers Hit With $9.8 MILLION Lawsuit Over ‘Tormenting Horn Noise’
Ottawa Police Promise to Crackdown on Protest as Thousand More Truckers Set to Join
Trudeau ‘Not Intimidated’ by Freedom Convoy, Will Not Meet With ‘Very Few’ Protesters

If you enjoyed this article, please help us grow by sharing it. Thank you!

SHARE YOUR COMMENTS



Pin It on Pinterest

Share This